Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Required PAID subscription to use the Auto Math section
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Everything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Raven

3655.66 points

1985 Chevrolet S10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokinHawk wrote:
well you just drove me away with you charging for your automath, thats a crock. there are plenty of free ones out there so screw you!
if you plan to not charge ill be back, no way im paying, freaking gay!
Evil or Very Mad

Laughing

Some people.

Don't worry Smoke, some of us are willing to pay, we just have to plan it well.

"Speed costs, How fast do you want to go?"
af2

71191.50 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Terrible terrible terrible!!! Reply with quote

When are you people gona learn. It cost money to do business!!
I hope the best for this website and I will pay for Bill Jones even though he probably never uses it with the knowledge he has. Thanks Adam
k10caddy

132.08 points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my first account, also as k10caddy, I had signed up because the use of the automath section was just easier than going into the books and finding all the formulas to use. it was appreciated at the time. just kind of disappointed now that I've re-registered only to find out it's no longer free. Sad I understand it but I don't have to like it. oh well.
caseydon

162.10 points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Math Reply with quote

smokemup wrote:
Sign ups are low. But I'm working on some new calcs to make the draw better. eDragstrip will is written in flash with some cool graphing features. I also have some more secret ones I'm working on which will be very cool.

I'm new to your forum -- found it by searching for a drag calculator, and yours seems like a good one. I'm not really a "serious car enthusiast", just a guy wanting to learn more about running his mini-motorhome, a big box on a Ford one-ton chassis. I was ready to buy a 3 month subscription, and you do offer a one-time, non-renewable deal. But when I went to PayPal -- hateful place -- they post a note saying it'll renew automatically. No way. This may be one reason for slow sign-ups. You really need to set up to take plastic directly.
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65093.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Math Reply with quote

caseydon wrote:
smokemup wrote:
Sign ups are low. But I'm working on some new calcs to make the draw better. eDragstrip will is written in flash with some cool graphing features. I also have some more secret ones I'm working on which will be very cool.

I'm new to your forum -- found it by searching for a drag calculator, and yours seems like a good one. I'm not really a "serious car enthusiast", just a guy wanting to learn more about running his mini-motorhome, a big box on a Ford one-ton chassis. I was ready to buy a 3 month subscription, and you do offer a one-time, non-renewable deal. But when I went to PayPal -- hateful place -- they post a note saying it'll renew automatically. No way. This may be one reason for slow sign-ups. You really need to set up to take plastic directly.

If you select the non-renew option paypal will NOT automatically renew.
caseydon

162.10 points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Math Reply with quote

smokemup wrote:

If you select the non-renew option paypal will NOT automatically renew.

Thanks -- glad to hear it. I'll give it a try.
PACIFIX

127.90 points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paid subs for the calcs? -Going against the flow bro, Even Google makes its dough from the ads. Spoils a good site.
Roger, Melbourne Australia
Big Dave

119910.22 points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used the Math section. What am I missing? Or should I pay five dollars to discover I already have that software installed on my computer already (CompCams Desktop Dyno Sim, Dram Sim and all of their cam tables)?
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65093.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dave wrote:
I've never used the Math section. What am I missing? Or should I pay five dollars to discover I already have that software installed on my computer already (CompCams Desktop Dyno Sim, Dram Sim and all of their cam tables)?

The site has some calculators which aren't on Dyno Sim, last I checked.
Dynamic Compression Ratio.
Fuel Injector sizing, fuel pump requirements.
Speed vs RPM chart, helpful in selecting gear changes.
Reverse calculation of HP from MPH
Calculate density altitude.
Timeslip correction to sea level
Correct timeslip from one DA to another.
Turbo sizing, very useful in selecting a turbo charger.
Big Dave

119910.22 points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have the last four, First time I need 'em I'll pay up.

Big Dave
bmwmechanico

337.06 points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Auto Math Reply with quote

I bought a subscription and intend to keep it current. There is alot of good info on this site and when you need to check inj sizing or make a turbo calculation the Auto Math makes it real convenient. Thanks Smoke
63IIPost

397.70 points

1963 Chevrolet Chevy II

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As well did I.. Im a bracket racer, I stumbled upon smoke's site while searching for density altitude calcs and info. I found the calcs to be very handy, as well as other features, why not put a little cash in his pocket?? Im not one to pay for everything, but i do want to pay for things that are a help to me and my program. If you ask any real racer, your going to pay for anything good, lets be real. I think the money part just separates the men from the boys Thanks smoke!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Everything Goes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: